The CEW will be closed for Winter Recess as of 2:00 pm Friday December 13, 2013.
We will reopen on or about Monday February 3, 2014. Check our Spring appointment schedule for more information.
UB’s Center for Excellence in Writing supports writers across the university as they compose, construct, and share meaning. Since learning to write is a life-long endeavor, all members of the UB community are also students of their own writing processes. Committed to the idea that writing both creates and communicates knowledge, understanding, and individual reflection, the CEW provides attentive, respectful readers, offers workshops on writing and writing instruction, and conducts research to guide the future development of writing practices.
The Center for Excellence in Writing offers:
- Individual consultations for any UB writer
- Undergraduate and graduate consultants.
- Support for writing essays, application materials, theses, dissertations and more.
For Graduate Students, we offer:
- Disciplinary Writing Groups
- Dissertation Bootcamps.
- Topical Workshops (coming soon)
For Faculty, we offer:
- Classroom presentations
- Consultations on writing pedagogy
- Writing Assistant Program (WAP)
Please note: the CEW is not an editing service. While we can help you to develop your editing skills, please don't expect a line-by-line edit of your work.